What would you do in this situation?

After you go to bed one night, your hubby decides to cook something. When you wake up the next morning, there's grease and God-knows-what on the stove.

Do you wait for him to clean it up himself?
Do you ask him to clean it?
Do you clean it up for him?

And what kind of response do you think he would have to your solution?

mamahud

Asked by mamahud at 12:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I would just clean it up. It really is not worth fighting over.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My Hubby doesn't cook and doesn't eat after supper... I would be upset though, and I would tell him he's cleaning up the mess or he won't have anything clean anymore, clothes, house, etc...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 12:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I would clean it up and tell him next time he better clean it or I will not cook again till he does he will get the point if he wants to eat he will clean up after himself lol

Anonymous

• I would ask him in a very nice way to clean up his mess and reward him for being a good boy.
    Simplyshy

Answer by Simplyshy at 12:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• x-Hubby never did it but son used to. I cleaned it up bc I didn't think he'd do a good job and I'd have to do it again anyway. I can't see my x ever making a mess and not cleaning it up. Sorry, can't be real helpful on this. I probably would ask him who he thinks is supposed to clean up the mess.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• If he left a mess I would ask him to clean it up...with a daaaa at the end..Trust me my fiance does not allays clean his mess up.
    His response would probably be oh I forgot, Oh Oh what ever and then I would say again, please clean it up...
    I remind my fiance weekly team work keeps the family running..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:21 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I would remind him that he left the mess. My DH is considerate enough to jump up and clean up after himself, but even if he didn't, I'd go ahead and clean it up.

I'd do this every time, remind him, and if it still sat, do it for him, and eventually (if he has a real heart in there, not the kind on Wizard of Oz) he would notice and either make a concious effort to keep up after himself, or show some sort of gratitude... maybe even return the favor once in a while.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My husband cleans up after himself unless there's a good reason. If he is eating quickly and late for work, he might leave a mess in the kitchen. But as soon as he gets home from work, he cleans it up. He doesn't expect me to do it. If he has been around the mess since it happened and has yet to clean it up, then just politely tell him that he is an adult and needs to clean up the mess.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 1:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2009