What causes a Miscarraige?

ashley0511

Asked by ashley0511 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• doctors told me there really no exact answer
    Anonymous

• if your going to have a miscarriage there really isn't any thing you can do unless you have a incomplete cervix which then can be sew shut to keep the baby inside.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• many things can go wrong during the babies development. My first two pregnancies ended in Miscarriage and then I had my daughter and I have another on the way. If you experienced a miscarriage and need to talk I'm on the computer as long as my daughter lets me.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• It could be a number of things, or nothing at all. I had 3 due to a progesterone deficiency. But also if there is something messed up with the genetic makeup of the egg or sperm, then it will miscarry if it can't sustain life. What specific curcumstances are you asking about? I do know it is comon enough that most Dr's won't test to see if there is a medical reason untill you have lost at least 3 pregnancies. That's why I lost 3, and after we figured out why I have been able to treat it.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• There are lots of reasons that a women miscarries and very few have anything to do with what the pregnant women did.

Some reasons might be:
    -Chromosomal Disorder so the body aborts the baby
    -Deformaties that would keep the child from living outside the body
    -Incompetant Cevix
    -Incompetant Uterine lining

And many others are just unknown.

There are some studies showing that drinking even moderate amounts before ovulation could cause the uterine lining to be incompetant but like I said very very few things a women does would cause her to have a miscarriage so if you've had one please don't feel guilty. It's not your fault.
    Anonymous

• there wont be an exact answer. They told me that with all of mine. Sorry for you loss hun. And there is no reason to feel guilty of anything. Its not someting you did, or didnt do. It takes soo very much to make a baby. And its so easy for something to go wrong in the process. Remember its not your fault sweetie. You chance will come soon enough.
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2009