This is a silly question since I have one other baby and people will probably laugh but how do you go about starting solids to a 4 month old and what I mean is do you give them like bkfst lunch dinner i mean like three times a day before their bottles anyway just tell me what you did when you started your kids on solids thanks

MoMMyto2971

Asked by MoMMyto2971 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well when i started my kids i started them around 2 to 3 months (dont listen to those saying thats too young because i bet u their parents fed them that young and they came out fine right? lol) so yeah- i started off with giving a little rice cereal in the am and a little apple sauce or peas at night and once i saw that there was no reaction to that i started to try new things every 3 to 4 days (u wanna space it out so that u can see if there are any reactions)
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i started giving my dd one solid a day to watch for allergies
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 1:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• You start with just rice cereal very thin (I wouldn't do AS thin as directed on the box.. that is like water! LOL) Offer with a spoon. If you baby takes it and doesn't spit it out then they are ready... if not wait a couple of weeks and try again.
    With us we started around 4 months and stayed with rice until almost 6 months.... we added avocado and apples when he was almost 6 months.
    We did just before bed... that way if it's messy we did a bath right after.
    He's 8 months now and does 3 meals/day. We added breakfast around 6 months and lunch around 7 months.
    Always give milk first it's the most important part of the diet... and at 4 months you shouldn't see a cut back in the formula/breastmilk intake... if there is, cut out the rice.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I would start with cereal at "dinner" and once your little one gets the hang of that offer it for "breakfast" and then a little later offer it for all three meals, then introduce veggies and fruits. There really is no right or wrong, just preference. Just watch your baby to make sure they're doing okay with what you do try.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I offered my dd cereal first thing when she woke up in the morning so that i knew she wouldbe hungry and wanting to eat. I did one tablespoon rice with 4 or 5 tablespoons formula and as she got used to eat and got older i made it thicker. She is 6 months now and eats about 3 tablespoons in the morning and food in the afternoon.
    KeagansMom08

Answer by KeagansMom08 at 1:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I started with just cereal in the morning and went through the different flavors, giving them about 5 days each to watch for allergies. Then at dinner we started veggies, again one at a time. After a while we went to three times a day just to get him in a routine with us. I waited a very long time before introducing fruits and at 11 months, I only give him fruit with one meal a day, the rest of the time it is veggies and meat.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I wont say anything other than this white answering your question; ask your pediatrician about EVERYTHING. You may want to reconsider a few things.

Back to your question.
    I started my baby on cereal when she was 7 months old. She seems to like carrots and applesauce, she wont really open her mouth for anything else. Give green veggies (baby good ofcourse) for the first few months. And youre only giving extras, do not take away the formula or breast milk. The formula or milk is her main source of nutrition until she turns 12 months.
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 7:24 PM on Mar. 16, 2009