What should i do? My husband let my younger brother move in and he dont have a job and now his gril friend stays and she dont work here either and hes getting so upset cuz he is the only one working ? He dont want me too work because this is both of our frist child and he dont want nothing happening (trusts me if i could i would it drives me crazy to sit n the house) what do i need to do put them out before my marrige ends?

honeyb690

Asked by honeyb690 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Why is it what do "I" need to do? Your hubby invited him and your hubby is upset, tell your hubby to grow some balls and kick them out! It was all his doing in the first place.
    Anonymous

• Um, give them a time frame say 30 days and they have to be out. That's if you wanna be nice about it. If you don't them just say get the heck out....this isn't working out...cause you ain't working! (haha)

It's your house and you guys were being generous. Now they are taking advantage of you and that means you are not respecting yourself enough to not let them do that.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Give them a time limit to get a job, if they don't have a job kick them out, you and your DH have done more than enough to help them and shouldn't be expected to do more.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 12:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• You and your husband will have to set down and talk about this. Since he's the one to let your brother move in, he'll have to be the one to tell him to go, and who invited the girlfriend to stay? No wonder your life has so much stress!

You can't let this come between you and your husband. Sometimes tough love is in order to save your sanity, and this sounds like one of those times.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Man that always happens to me my husbands brother always has to stay with us! so i tell him You are going to have to do something about your brother. hes been here long enough!then he says well tell them to leave he's married to your sister!!!!!!Man it really bites.noone wants to tell their sister to leave!!!!!AND WE ARE FROM AR. SO I REALLY HEAR IT!!!!!LOL,THAT DIDNT HELP AT ALL!BUT FUNNY
    shawndrea

Answer by shawndrea at 1:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• So your marriage to your husband is going to end because he doesn't like your brother and the girlfriend living off him?

This shouldn't even be a question in your mind as an issue with your marriage... since he's your brother, you tell him they're straining your DH and that

1) brother gets a job and helps out
    2) girlfriend gets a job and helps out too
    3) they leave

Let brother know you love him and are trying to help, but with the two of them, on top of the 3 of you (i'm assuming your pg from the "he doesn't want anything to happen" comment) it is becoming too much for your DH to handle alone. If he is welcome to stay, let him know that, but that he needs to get a job or he cannot. Remember too, that you left your family to be with your DH, and you should try to support him the best you can, even if that means asking your live-in family to help out. There's no shame in it.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I tried and tried to get him out but it dont seem too work and the grilfrien started stayin the nite and never left. now my broth it hard from him to get a job most of the time he cant and he is sopost to be on S.S.I. but he is too lazy to get up and go to his appt. so they cut him off and when i tell him to get out my husband tells him to go to then my mom talks to him and hes still here and it stressssssss my out and i dont want anything to happen to my baby because my mom dont want to deal with her child and leaves it on me
    honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2009