Does anyone do colon cleanses? Do they really work or just a gimmick?

If you had luck with this how often and what brand?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Good question!! I know it sounds so nasty but I've heard that it's really really good for you. I watched an infomercial on it once and I came out and told hubs we needed to clean our colons....lol. He told me to have fun with that.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Cleaning your colon is good for you and it does work. Any brand at the store (not nock offs) I use Cleansing Herbs from youngevity. It did wonders with out making my stomach ache. But again any brand will work.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 1:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I tried it based on a brand recommended by GNC. Did NOT work for me at all. They said "no cramps, won't be chained to the bathroom all week, blah blah". I spent the whole week with an upset stomach and had to run to the restroom every 30 minutes.

TMI - not cause I had to go, but because I felt like I had to. I actually COULDN'T go at all.

I think it's one of those YMMV situations - Your Mileage May Vary
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:31 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i bought a colon cleanser once, and my stomach hurt a lot of the time, i was in the bathroom like 24/7 and half the time like the PP said, i felt like i had to go, and i couldnt. It was annoying, plus i had to take like 12 pills a day which i HATE taking pills. Then my husband tried it because i was just oging to throw the bottle out. Same thing to him.
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 3:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i just orded mine i'll tell you in a week if it works.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Mar. 17, 2009