Green Eye Boogers?? Anyone know anything on this?

I know its some form of infection but Im not sure if I need to take her to her pediatrician or not. My daughters are 2 months and 15 months old. They have both been pretty sick all weekend and my 2 month old woke up this morning with her eyes caked with green pussy looking eye boogers. I wiped them away with a cold washcloth but they keep coming back. Do you know what this is called and the action that needs to take place for it. Please help I am overwhelmed with sick kids all weekend and not sure what to do.

Brittany_Wolff

Asked by Brittany_Wolff at 12:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Sounds like Conjunctivitis....aka pink eye. Sometimes if you have a cold or sinus infection it can travel to your eyes. It's treated with antibiotic eye drops, but you have to get a prescription from your doc.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Probably a clogged tear duct, but I would have it looked at just incase. My son has a clogged duct since birth, his eye gets green and goopy all of the time and it's worse if he has a cold. We just clean it with a cloth. The pediatrician said as long as his eye isn't red it's fine.
    They did try antibiotic on his eye when he was a newborn but nothing since...
    if you breastfeed... drip milk in her eye 3 times/day... it helps!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I would change your ac vent. Turn off any fans in their room and wipe down all surfaces with hot water. In addition, I would put a mattress pad on their mattresses and wash their bed linens including pillows in hot water. It sound like allergy irritants to me.
    bearandtreemom

Answer by bearandtreemom at 1:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Sounds like conjunctivitis (pink eye) to me. Call your Ped, explain the symptoms and they will probably be able to call something into pharmacy for you, if not, they will need to see it. FYI, pink eye is highly contagious, that's probably why they both have it.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Could be pink eye, a cold in her eyes, allergies, Take her to the doctor, pink eye is very contagious if not treated. Oh it could be a clogged tear duct too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• It could be just allergies, we get this all the time... Call ur doc, are thet red at all? Ares never is..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2009