who does this?

so when we moved into our house a little over a year ago it was apparent that the people before us had a thing for apples. so today i decided to reline the drawers and shelves in the kitchen and it is not like i didnt notice this before but as i am doing it i am thinking what dumb asses. lol when they lined the drawers they lined the whole drawer the bottome the sides and the outside sides when you open the drawer. who the hell does that?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not me..I only line the bottom. it would be a cold day in hell when I tried to wrap a drawer in contact paper.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• -the people who lived in the house before you. LOL
    Anonymous

• People without kids and a lot of time!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Who cares? It WAS their house so I'm sure they did things how they wanted. Everyone has their own tastes and their own way of doing things! To answer your question: The previous owners of the house does this!
    Anonymous

• That is a bit odd if not anal...I just do the bottoms. I like that foamy stuff that comes in a roll...my kids call it gription...I don't know what the real name of it is. I would think it would be hard to try to get that to come off...or are you just going over what they had there?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• lol, i dont even have the patience to do the bottom of the drawers i cant imagine doing the whooole thing..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Martha Stewart just lines the bottoms. I consider her the authority so therefore if anyone lines the whole thing... they are just "different"
    bearandtreemom

Answer by bearandtreemom at 1:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Dang Anon 12:...who peed in your Wheaties this morning!?

Jodi how super annoying. That's a tad obsessive I think. LOL
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• my mom used to put the sticky side on the outside of the drawers, she said it kept bugs and mice out of the drawers.

I never believed her then one day I opened a kitchen drawer and a mouse that had been stuck to the paper fell out dead. It was very disturbing.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 1:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• lmao.. well I'm an apple offender, lol, but no, I would never line the drawers like that.. I'd be too worried it would make them stick more. Besides.. I'd much rather just replace the wood, than have to replace the lining.. I'm removing wall paper right now from my bathroom, and thinking.. Why do people torture themselves with wall paper, when if you don't like it you have to go through HELL to take it down... I don't know why they would line draws, it's not much different than wall paper problems to me.. at least paint can be repainted, and wood can be replaced...
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:21 PM on Mar. 16, 2009