What kind of breast pump are you planning to buy or have you bought?

I have a Medela Pump In Style Advanced but it's a bit out of my sister's, who is due 2 days before me, budget. I payed 300 for mine and she's looking for one that's under 100 if possible. She will be returning to school when the baby is 6 months old so she needs a good, reliable pump that will be effective and last for a long time.

What pump do you have? How long have you had it? How much did you pay for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If your have a WIC office in your area they will let you rent a pump to see which one would work best for her...
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I would suggect the Medela, I know it is pricey but SO worth it. With my first I went threw 2 different pumps, the Avent (which wasnt too bad, but it hurt like heck to pump and took forever) and then a truely yours pump...which worked but also took forever to pump. I know that we have some consignment shops here that sell pumps for really cheap. And our hospitals will also rent you one too. She could ask her OBGYN also to see if they have any recommendations and if they know where she could get one for cheap.
    BoobiePrize

Answer by BoobiePrize at 1:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I have one that I got for free 5 yrs ago with my first and it was through the WIC program. Also the hospital might rent/loan/sell your sister one for a good price.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 3:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2009