ever had gall stones?

did you get them removed? did you get your gall bladder removed to?

How do you feel now, any symtoms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Yes, I had gallstones. It felt like a horrible attack of indegestion that wouldn`t go away. I would have thought heart attack, but I knew my heart was healthy and I had no other heart symptoms.They just removed the whole gallbladder and now if I eat fatty foods It makes me feel awful. I would reccomend having them dissolved if at all possible. But there are some who have had gallbladder removal and felt great.
    Anonymous

• First thought was why is this in Food and Drink lol.
    I've never had gall stones, but I know a couple people who do. One who's fighting them now. She's had surgery a couple times, and they just keep coming back about every 6 months, she's down with them. My Mom was hospitalized not to long ago from really sharp pains, and couldn't breathe and was turning blue and sweating. My first though was heart attack. I got her to the hospital and they said gall bladder, but yet they can't find anything wrong with her. So we'll see. This morning she said those pains were back but not bad...
    Anonymous

• Yep, there a real bitch. I had my gallbladder removed and havn't had any problems since. The only thing is after eating some foods, (mostly mexican i have noticed), if you have to go to the bathroom, Go and Go now. You may not be able to hold it like you use to. At first i tried the medicine because ididn't have the money for mu deductile on the surgery, but the medicein did not stop the attacks, and they said it could take up to a year or more to dissolve them completly an chances are they would come back. So i had them removed. Like most posters, if you didn't know you had a healthy heart, you would think heart attack. And as it progressed the attacks got stronger and lasted longer. And i am 24 years old. They said the reason i had them was becuase i had just had a baby and that can increase your chances. most people were telling me i was crazy and too young for gallstones.
    Anonymous