wondering about maternity belts.

i just bought a maternity belt from BABIES R US, made by Motherhood. it velcros in the front middle then it also had a extra supportr velcro strap on each side.
my question is do u wear it all day, even when u sit or lay, or just when u walk and stand??
also, is it possible that you can have it too tight? will it hurt the baby?

piercedmomma412

Asked by piercedmomma412 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have one and it hurts to sit with it on. I seem to have a lot of pain when I'm up and moving around or walking a lot so that is when I use it. I don't think that it hurts the baby b/c my midwife was the one who told me to buy one when I was pregnant with my first and having terrible back pain from working as a CNA. Now I'm on to number 4 but I think everything is so streched out and the maternity belt seems to help a little.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 3:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I don't wear mine all day. It's uncomfortable to sit in, and there's no point in having it on when laying down. I put mine on when I'm up and about the house cleaning and such. I had chronic back pain before pregnancy so it's gotten so bad I'm miserable and the belt really helps. Also, at 34 weeks, it helps with that "heavy" belly feeling that makes me feel like I need to carry my stomach.
    MereDeLila

Answer by MereDeLila at 3:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2009