My son is just turning 6 months.. what do you think about another one?

my husband keeps asking about having another baby. my son is just turning 6 months... i dont know. Isnt it a little early? What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• ....craziness lol
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 7:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• if its your guys first i would say wait til after teething is over to decide. i wouldnt want to be pregnant and tired and still getting up at night with a baby. its up to you. men dont know how much it can take outta you.
    Anonymous

• Talk to your doctor about it. Most doctors say your body actually needs a full year to recover from everything before becoming pregnant again. Ultimately, the decision needs to be something you are both happy with. Find out why he wants another one right now. My husband really wanted to have 2 baby close together because he felt it might make them closer. I told him that I wasn't physically prepared for that. We talked it out and he understood. What we worked out is something we can both be happy with. Don't have a baby if you are not ready!
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 1:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Yeap definitely talk it out more, before ya'll take the plunge again.. My girls are 11 months and 2 weeks apart. Our oldest daughter was only 3-4 months old when I found out we were prego again..defintely not a fun time. Having to take care of an infant and deal with morning sickness, and twice as many doctor appointments....not fun at all. Luckly our son didnt come till the girls were both walking..lol Granted now they love being together, but it definitely was a struggle then. Good luck!
    MSully3

Answer by MSully3 at 3:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Take yo time i love being a mommie there is nothing better than being a mommie but sometimes it gets overwhelming and i have 3 daughters 13, 6, and 4 the last two are about 17months apart and they wow me everyday so my advice is take your time
    sasa314

Answer by sasa314 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Its hard, but it can definitly be worth it! My sons are 15 months apart (on purpose!). We decided to try for our 2nd when #1 weaned from the breast. He ended up weaning himself off by 6 months. It only took 1 try and ta-da! LOL. I will say that I was much more tired during the whole pregnancy and did get a couple of tiny stretch marks (since I hadn't lost all the previous baby weight I did get bigger than with the first time). But, I was really glad we had them so close. Especially when #1 was acting horribly! LOL I always joked I was glad I was already knocked up or else his behavior would make me not want another one at all. And now they are so close and love each other so much. The first 2-3 months after having #2 were the hardest (breastfeeding and trying to keep up with a toddler at the same time). But once again, so worth it! They can now share clothes, wear the same diaper size and have so much fun together! Go for it!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2009