Former Breastfeeding moms....only!

Does anyone else have a child that is weaned and has been for awhile, but is still very into your breasts? Like they want to hold it or rub it or look at it?

Do not say that's sick(I'm sure someone will)

My 4 year was a boob girl. She weaned at 15 months and she is still very comforted by place a hand on my breast. Of course I don 't encourage it because it feels odd to me, but for her it's perfectly normal. I know my 7 year old brother still feels my mom up every once in awhile...so there's got to be more kids that do that.

My youngest breast fed just as long and she has no interest in my chest.

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• my lil girl breast fed for 18mos and is almost three and she still tries to touch them and stuff if shes upset or about to fall a sleep. she also points out everytime i get out of the shower "i see yo boobies!:
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I bf till dd was 20mo... She use to like to put her hand down my shirt & my moms! lol... she has outgrew it though. I think it is normal.. But you cant blame them-- throw sexuality aside & boobs are soft for laying a head on, a great hand warmer, and since its close to the heart has a very soothing sound! What more could a child-- Just add arms & its the best place to be!!
    (wow. does this sound corny or what! lol)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I have the same thing with my almost 7 year old. I don't let her try to nurse, but she does ask for it - but is comforted just by me holding her close to my chest (clothed of course!). But I don't think that it's wrong or sick, I think that they are comforted with the closeness from nursing and just holding them close will remind them of it and satisfy the need of close contact.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i see it as them learning. they don't have breast yet so it's like "hey what are those?" just teach her. she may be ready to learn about other body parts other than the basic head shoulders knees and toes lol (isn't that thesong?) my son was very intrigued with mine when his sister was born and he now knows what a womens breast are and what they do. i agree with the PP: look past the sexuality and make it a science lesson
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I think this happens even if a child isn't breastfed.
    They're just learning and exporing.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My son does that some times, I know it's not sexual at all. He was BF. May be some time kids need comfort or they are a little curious. I always told my son, that's where i fed him. He emptied all of it and now it likes to left alone. It worked for us.

nidiya

Answer by nidiya at 2:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• my son pulls down my shirt, or will stick his hand down my shirt and grab onto my boob, or just place his hand on it. One day he stuck his head up my shirt and put his head inbetween my boobs and fell a sleep. I dont think its wrong. I just think there should be an age limit. I have no idea what the limit should be.. but if your kid is into that, there should be a limit.
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 2:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My son is 7, he was breastfed til 16 months. He likes to lay his head on my chest and he "accidently" touches my breasts. He's not like obsessive about it. I think it is just comforting to him, as breasts should be!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My 20 month old was weaned around Thanksgiving (so about 16 months old) and still likes to touch my boobs when she's upset, or pull out my shirt and look. I don't have any problem with it at all. She doesn't usually do it in public because its a sleepy, night time or upset kind of thing.
    dottieanna29

Answer by dottieanna29 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My son sticks his hand down my shirt (he's 19 months) or lays on them.
    Depending on what he wants to use them for, they can be hand warmers, pillows, toys or just a time to get close to me (especially when I'm drying off).

He actually gets a litte possesive. When he catches my husband copping a feel he'll run to him and tell him "NO!"
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 3:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2009