I am making curry chicken in a couple days. I bought some Naan to go with it. What are my dip options?

I remember tasting fantastic dip at Indian restaurants but one I did like and one I didn't. What are the different dips? Where can I find the recipes for them?

MamaChamp

Asked by MamaChamp at 1:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• FREEZE the Naan!! then heat it to serve! after a few days like this it will go stale. heat in the oven wrapped in damp paper towels! here is a link to indian recipes 587 of them!

http://www.recipesource.com/ethnic/asia/indian/
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 3:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I don't know the recipes for any Moroccan or Indian dips, but something that would go well with Naan and is available in the grocery stores is hummus- you can get it in different flavors too- curry, garlic, and so forth.

Answer by Bmat at 2:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• omg!
    I looooove naan bread!!
    Make the yogurt dip!
    and it's served cold.. umm type in east indian yogurt dip in google and it should come up.
    you want he one that has cucumber in it.
    And eat the curry with the naan too.. that's how my family does it when we go to my grandmas (she's middle eastern) and to be honest the food tastes better when eaten with the bread and not utensils :)
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I LOVE hummus with naan bread. Tzatziki sauce is great, too.
    The Tzatziki sauce is easy to make it's basically plain yogurt, garlic, fresh dill weed, olive oil and lemon juice. You add shredded or cubed cucumber to it and viola, a great and fresh tasting dip.
    I prefer to buy hummus, the brand I like best is Hannah's.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2009