do you think it is right for a counseler to make a 12 yr old take a pregnancy test? do you think the family was right to sue?

heres the link this happened last month:

http://www.lifenews.com/state3831.html

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No it's not right but I don't think it's any thing to sue over. I don't understand why that is always an option first!
    Anonymous

• I thought that this story was resolved and that it was found she went and wanted to take a test but was not forced.
    Anonymous

• I would be SOOOOOO pissed if she was FORCED to take the test. SOOOO pissed! Sue them....probably not....But heads would ROLL!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I have never sued anybody over anything, but if the school forced my 12 year old daughter to take a pregnancy test over some silly girls rumors, you can bet I WOULD! You can also bet there would be more than a lawsuit going on!

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Damn skippy I would be pissed. And call me names or whatever but I would seek legal action. That poor little girl.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:57 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• the parents have every right to be pissed. i would be, but i wouldn't sue over it. i just want to know what was going thru the counselors head to do something so stupid. the article says the girl figured she had too. its not like they held her down or locked her in the bathroom till she did it. it wasnt right & they deserve an apology. i would want my DD out of that school for good too.

okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• If they forced my daughter to take a pregnancy test, hell yes I'd be ticked! Not sure if I'd sue, but I'd raise hell!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Wow, that is obsured, I don't know if the are suing for money or whatever, but if that was my daughter, i would be after that counselors job for one reason. That would be what i woudl pursue legal action over.And just because the little girl didn't know that she didn't have to, is no reason to not blame the counselor, She is twelve and was obviously confused and scared about the situation. The stupid counselor should have had her call her parents or done it himself and asked for a conference before even approaching the girl about something like this. She is a MINOR. I wasn't even aware that they had pregnancy test available for use in school. This was petty little school girl rumors. Some other little girl probably got mad because so and so was talking to her little boyfried and decided to starta vicious rumor. And even if it had been true what would they have done them. Sent her home right then and told her not to come back?
    Anonymous

• Wow that is insane. I would have his job and banned from being a counselor where do they think they are? Isn't that an issue for the parents to deal with. The fact that the school is saying there is no merit just shows how ignorant they are! What else do we need to teach our kids no you don't have to pee on stick just because your counselor at school says you do. GoodGrief.
    swhithorn

Answer by swhithorn at 2:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Its wrong the school should have contacted her parents and told them about the rumors and let them deal with it at home NOT there its NOT the schools place to be making kids take pregnancy test not to mention what would he have done if she was in fact pregnant? All of it is ridiculous and if it was my daughter you bet your ass I would be suing for violation of my daughters rights.
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2009