What makes women decide on trying again, before the last child is even crawling?

Is it because the child is so simple that they think they can handle it no problem? I have never seen anyone with a handicap or colic baby wanting to do it again so soon. Is it because they have a lot of help? Honestly, I don't get it. Nobody be rude cause I know it happens a lot. I just don't get it when it's planned.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Lots of reasons. Some people just want their kids close together, others are of advanced maternal age and the clock is ticking, others want to have all of their kids quickly and then focus on their career. Differenet people have different reasons and just like you don't understand their position these women don't understand why you would want any space between your kids.
    Anonymous

• Because it's their personal choice. I know several woman who have children close together for many different reasons. Some because they want their children close in age or because they don't want to keep having children after a certain age. To me, these women are the smart moms. I mean if you have two or three kids right in a row then once the youngest one is done with diapers then that's it, no more diapers. Unlike me, who has a 4 year old, when we do decide to have another child then we have to go through the whole smelly diapers, yucky baby spit-up, etc.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• They love babies =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• No I didnt have a lot of help. Still dont. But husband & I are in our mid 30's & wanted more then one. I got preg. again when daughter was 6 mo old. I am glad I did not wait because although we wanted 3 it looks like it is not going to happen now. If we had waited we would only have the one child. I dont know why someone in their 20's would do it but we had our reasons.
    Anonymous

• Some women just know that they want another one and want them to be close together I guess. I know plenty of people who have their babies close together and that is their choice. Not mine.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Well me and my husband do. we want our children close in age, not tht i particuraly want another while daughter is still crawling but, we do want another right now...honestly i hope she starts crawling soon. but some want to just cause they get "scared" because their little one is growing up. im not sure though... ppl do it for different reasons. and frankly its their life their decision.
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 1:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• They want their children close in age?

And you don't have to understand why they want to do it. It's their choice. Maybe they don't understand how people wait years in between kids.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• because we want too. its our choice, :D
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 1:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My friend wants to go to school but wants to wait until her children are all in preschool so they are already TTC and their son is only 6 months old.
    Anonymous

• poster-
    Hey thats why i was asking.
    i know why i want mine further apart.
    i was just wondering why someone would be set on theirs so close.
    Anonymous