What is the best sippy cup?

I am thinking about starting on the sippy sups since dd can hold her own bottle now. But i am unsure on which brand. She uses dr. brown bottles (i got a ton of them at my babyshower other wise she would be on a different brand) and i looked into the dr brown sippy cups and they are so exspensive. I have heard the avent ones are good but leak like crazy. I dont know any thing about the playtex or playschool ones. Which brands have worked good for you?

KeagansMom08

Asked by KeagansMom08 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I hear Nubby is a great sippy cup. But also babies tend to like some and not others so you might have to buy a couple and just see if baby likes it or not. When he finds a favorite buy more than a couple because thats the one he'll always want.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• buy one of each and see which one she likes but nubby and playtex is good
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• The Nuby's have a soft spout and my dd chewed through them within a week and she doesn't even have teeth,lol. She now has a Playskool cup that she seems to like pretty well. I started her on the cup at 6mths and she mostly preferred the ones with the handles. She never did like holding her bottle though so it may be different if your child already does that.
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 1:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• The best one is the one the baby will use. Seriously.

We went through 5 different kinds and finally he took the Nuby.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• we use the nuby bottles, the nuby sippies without the handles, seriously do any of the cups you drink from other than your cofee have handles so we decided against those and well ella threw them everywhere, we gave her a nuby cub and she has done great. we haven't chewed threw any nipples yet...she has 4 teeth but each baby is different. i agree try which one you like best and see if kid likes it. it was suggested to me on here to buy a few and just put em in front of her and see which one she likes...hence how we found the nuby cup.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 3:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2009