What to make for lunch .. something creative for a 14month old

Any ideas?

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 1:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try broccoli with cheese-run it through a food processor to make it edible for her. My son loved this meal when he was little and still does. Broccoli is very good for her.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• She doesnt like it. But i dont grind up any of her food lol. she has teeth! Thanks though!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 1:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• How about Hummus?
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 2:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• What is Hummus?
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 2:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• You can find it at any grocery store in the refrigerated section-ours is by the pre-made pasta in the deli section.

It's chickpeas blended with olive oil, etc. It comes in different flavors. My son likes it on tortillas.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 2:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• grill cheese cut into little pieces, little pastina with a little butter or ricotta cheese mixed in,
    Anonymous

• how about pancakes..i know its a breakfast food but sometimes its fun for htem to have it at a different time..or even fruit salad with whiped cream..try foods she can play with at that age they like exploring new textures and smells. my son is 2 and we switch up what he eats all the time..he loves the new ideas...as long as u dont mind the mess let her at it. hope u have fun with her at lunch time..good luck
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I make dd a slice of cheese, a thick one, a pickle, a spooful of peanut butter, and banana or fresh strawberries.
    Or I make ham rolls. You take cream cheese, whipped is easiest to spread, spread it on lunch meat ham, and put a picke of chive in the middle, roll the ham up into a log then slice it into little circles. I pair that with cheese, fresh fruit, or yogurt, and a boiled egg sliced up.
    I always make easy finger food lunches for my dd because she refuses to let me feed her! LOL Plus I always have all the major food groups in it(oh yeah forgot to say crackers with all the meals! LOL) which makes the meals healthy AND fun!
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 7:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2009