V8 Low sodium?

Hi, My sis in law is having a hard time getting my nephew to eat any vegetables, and his iron is sorta low. All he will eat is fruit. She was wondering would it be okay to give him diluted low sodium v8 juice since they make the fruit flavored ones now. That way he'd drink it, but still get his veggies. She's tried mixing them in with his fruits, and he wont take it. What do ya'll think?

Auntiemom410

Asked by Auntiemom410 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is he? Is he eating table foods? What I would do is puree some veggies (like cauliflower or broccoli) into mash potatoes, Sweet potatoes into yogurt, carrots into pasta sauce! Corn puree into cornbread muffins. If he can't see it it will be more apt to like it and eat it, that way he is still getting his veggies, without the fight! There are cookbooks out there that can help her do this! Might help too if she gives her new creations funny new names! Like a little pile of broccoli can be tiny trees that the giant is gonna try, or (depends on the parents and I have gross little boys who think it's funny!) with the broccoli and mash potatoes it turns them green, so I told them to eat their mashed bugs! They have fun (which is what dinner time should be) and they eat it up! Help her get creative!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 3:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• yeah... he's only 9mths old.. so im not sure any of that would help much. She does take like a fruit jarred baby food and try to mix carrots into it, even a tiny bit, but he wont take it.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2009