Has anyone heard about Canola Oil?

I just found out about this a couple of days ago, and I think I am going to quit using it. What's your thoughts?
http://www.ithyroid.com/canola_oil.htm

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Health

• crazy, but i always used the e.v.o.o. just because thats what my parents always used and its what i always bought so...
    Anonymous

• I looked into this at snopes.com, and Snopes says that the claim that ordinary consumption of canola oil is harmful is false. Snopes gives a history of the development of canola oil, and says that the refined canola oil that is now used in the US is very low in erucic acid and falls within FDA guidelines. Canola oil is lower in saturated fat than any oil except Olive oil, and it also contains omega-3 fatty acids which are reputed to lower cholesterol and triglycerides. Snopes warns against giving credence to an Internet scare based on half-truths and "downright lies."

Answer by Bmat at 2:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2009