My 2 year old started freaking out 3 days ago about walking anywhere even in the house - help!

kady13

Asked by kady13 at 2:21 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• is your child in pain?
    Anonymous

• Has he recently tripped and fell or gotten hurt while walking? Did he step on something or does he have a splinter in his foot? I can't really help you without more info, Sorry!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• is it ghosts lol sorry
    Anonymous

• No pain, no injury. I think ghosts is probably closest LOL:).......we went to the park a few days ago and she "saw" something in the grass that freaked her out. since then she has been increasingly fearful of the grass, progressing now to any outside surface, concrete, etc. and today she wouldn't get off the couch to even come get candy. I'm trying to ignore it and be nonchalant about it and requiring her to walk wherever, but she is tantruming about it. It's driving me crazy. Just wondering if anyone had any experience w/this or ideas.
    kady13

Answer by kady13 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• ask the doc. a boy at my day care had a phobia of dogs. He starting having night terrors then during hte day would flip out b/c he imagined one near by. When looking at books he would point to the dog and say ruff. I never would have thought it.
    Anonymous

• I would also call the doc and ask to speak with the nurse. You want to rule out anything serious. Chances are it is just a phase, but if you are worried then call the doc. That is what we pay them for! :)
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 4:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2009