Do you think I am really harming my dd?

She is 6 and will only eat cupcakes. Rather than fight with her I just give in. Do you think it is bad that I only let her eat sweets?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• No not at all. I've only given my son chocolate unpasteurized cows milk since he was around 4 weeks old.
    mama.love.

Answer by mama.love. at 2:28 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Is this a joke?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I hope this question is a joke
    Anonymous

• Uhh yeah its definitely bad for your kids to only eat sweets..they need to eat fruits and veggies, protein..the list goes on...
    Anonymous

• Not a joke. I am being serious. It has only been like a couple days, but what can I do? Force feed her other foods?
    Anonymous

• Throw away the cupcakes and all other junk ad offer something healthy. She will eat when she gets hungry. It is harmful for a 6 yr old to be the adult in the house. Step up and be the mother tell her no and stick to it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• What can you do? are you serious? Why would she eat anything else when all you feed her is cupcakes? Don't feed her cupcakes and when she gets hungry she will EAT WHAT YOU GIVE HER! You are the adult, she is the child. You are responsible for making and keeping her healthy when she has no control over it. She will not starve herself. Tell her no like an adult and she will meltdown, stick to your guns and she will get over it. Cupcakes and sweets are fine in moderation, not every meal. Common sense would tell yout his is not right. I really hope this is a joke.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• at 6 she's old enough to understand no.... offer her real food, she'll eventually get hungry and eat
    Anonymous

• WOW! You are the mommy. She is the child. If she gets hungry enough, I promise you she will eat something healthy!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• She's just doing it because you're letting her get away with it. Force feed her? No. She won't starve herself. You pick the food, she can decide whether or not to eat it, but if she's not getting anything else, she'll get hungry and decide to eat. Give her a few healthy choices too, no need to push one specific thing.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2009