would you let your son play with dolls?

anyone out there that will allow there sons to play with dolls??

Katiebears89

Asked by Katiebears89 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ***I bet if we asked the husbands of these women the same question, the answer would be different!***

My husband had a doll growing up, he's a normal guy that is a great father and considers it a good thing to not separate the genders and also to not suppress a child's natural want to nurture... this is what my husband told me when I asked him if he thinks our son should or shouldn't play with dolls. Also, we still have a doll my husband played with as a child (he used to feed it peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and the silly thing needed major cleaning by me to pass the 'our children can play with rule' but still a cute doll).
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 5:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I would..my daughter plays with race cars..what's the difference?
    FL_Mommy_2

Answer by FL_Mommy_2 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Only if the doll was wearing pink and bows :) And i could dress my son in a pink dress as well.
    mama.love.

Answer by mama.love. at 2:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Yes, My son asked for a boy baby doll for Christmas. That was impossible to find. We finally had to buy a girl baby doll and buy boy premie clothes to put on it. He plays with it every now and then but he mainly plays with his "boy" toys. He has told me that he wants to be a father when he grows up. BTW, my son is 4.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• If he wants to I will let him, my husband would too! So far, he hasn't shown any interest in them though.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I would.
    I probably wouldnt go out and purposely buy him one but if he had sisters or girl friends he was visiting that had them then sure.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• telling boys that they can't play with baby dolls to me is like telling them men shouldn't be fathers.... isn't that basically what dolls to, teach our girls how to be mothers... shouldn't our boys get the same....
    Anonymous

• It is perfectly natural for a little boy to want to play with dolls, especially if they have a younger sibling b/c children love to imitate their parents. I let my son play with dolls, I haven't bought any for him but his cousin has left hers over here before and he plays with them and I let him, he also plays with his half sisters barbies when she comes over. Hes almost 3. But he by far loves trucks, planes, cars and trains more.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 2:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My son loves to carry baby dolls around and feed them. He has 2 older sisters living with him so he's picked up on their play habits. He also loves to play with his Spiderman toys too.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:47 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't go out and buy a doll for my son but he sometimes does pick them up at daycare (he is 2). It isn't a big deal. He is usually carrying them around by the foot anyway. It's not a big deal but I wouldn't buy him one.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:47 PM on Mar. 16, 2009