how do I increase my milk supply

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well first I would ask what makes you think that your supply is low?
    Is baby having enough wet/dirty diapers?

Generally Fenugreek or Mother's milk tea can do the trick. Both can be found at health food or vitamin stores.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Fenugreek helped me...In all honesty and Im sure I will get bashed for this but as far as the wet diaper thing goes, I know that's probably medical research and all that but I change my DDs diaper probably 10-15 times a day and its wet every time and that doesn't change the fact that she's still hungry. anyway, to answer your question, Fenugreek helped me and eating oatmeal every day. Not instant but real oats. Just make a BIG batch and heat it up every morning. I like the Coach's Oats from Costco. Its real steel cut oats. My supply has recently dropped too and everybody just tells me that it's b/c she's going thru a growth spurt but when she nurses and 10 minutes later there's nothing left and she's screaming, I believe it is decreasing. It is possible for your supply to decrease. Not EVeryone ALWAYS produces milk. But try those things and good luck. Sorry for the rambling just answering ?s before I get bashed for the
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I just started Fenugreek. I got them at Henrys market for pretty cheap. I just started last night. We will see if it works!
    Jordanlover05

Answer by Jordanlover05 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Fenugreek works well. Also drink a beer. I know sounds bad, but the yeast in beer promotes milk production. And this was suggested by my doctor, as long as you only drink one it is still safe for the baby.
    Anonymous