Do you miss your peiriod while using the IUD Paragard?

I've had my Paragard in since...last May? I consistently got my period for about three months and then I completely skipped a month, got my period again, then skipped a month again... And now I haven't gotten a full blown period since January (I think). I had some very, very slight bleeding in February (which I had gotten in previous months when I had skipped my period), took a pregnancy test around the 20th of Feb. (maybe even a little earlier than that) and it came up negative. I haven't felt pregnant, but then again, with my first pregnancy I had very few early signs. I have felt crampy this month and I thought I might get my period, but so far nothing, not even a little bleeding like I did last month.
So, has anyone dealt with this using Paragard. I figured since it's hormone free I wouldn't miss my period and I was never like this prior to getting pregnant, though my cycle was a little crazy. Thanks!!

Lizzie_Angus

Asked by Lizzie_Angus at 2:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have no idea, but I plan on getting the paragaurd and am interested what others might have to say. Good luck though!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 3:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I use mirena. mine has lessened but I've never been so lucky as to have ti stop. all my friends that have IUDs periods have stopped. That is a side effect though, either lightening or stopping
    WhataLife856

Answer by WhataLife856 at 3:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I am experiencing almost the same thing, But i just had mine inserted last November, december was fine, skiped january and took a pregnancy test that came out negative, spotted last month, and still nothing this month!
    pickles85

Answer by pickles85 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I'm currently in the same position, I have the paraguard it was inserted dec 2012, periods were regular until June I was late by 2 weeks and then started and then no period in July took a test and it was negative, I felt that I would have a period all my regular symptoms; cramping, a few pimples, moodiness etc. not my pregnancy symptoms, as I have had 2 children, it was different, but now waiting it out to have my period, thinking I may have to go to the doctor. What was your outcome?
    Mclubb2000

Answer by Mclubb2000 at 6:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2013