Strange ways to punish

Ok I came from a home that didn't do much spanking, my parents had 'inventive' ways to discipline and was wondering what others do or had done to them??
Ex:: when we talked back, lied, or used inappropriate language we had to drink a tablespoon of vinegar while my mom told us "Now you see how nasty that is, that's what it tastes like in Gods mouth when you talk like that"

theheartbaby

Asked by theheartbaby at 2:31 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• mom had the "nasty stick" a tongue depressor painted with that nail polish that is supposed to help kids stop sucking their thumbs... she used it if we said bad words or called names
    Anonymous

• We had 8 kids in our family, and nobody every got spanked. She gave us the cold shoulder. I'd have much rathered a spank and be done with it. We each thought we could swear at her though, and to each of us, she gave a swat across the lips with her big garnet ring on, giving us a bloody lip. I have no idea why we were all so stupid to think the next kid in line wouldn't get that. haha
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My parents used to make me call my sweet little grandmother and tell her what I did.. Yea.. imagine being 8 and saying.. "Hi grandma. I got in trouble because I said the S-word" It makes you feel so bad knowing you disappointed your sweet little grandma that knits and bakes cookies all day. As payback I'm going to make my kids call them when they do something bad!!
    Mom2vanna

Answer by Mom2vanna at 2:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• We live in the country and my son loves to be outside. As soon as he gets up in the morning, he's outside catching lizzards, building forts, etc... I have to make him come inside for breakfast and lunch. So to punish him, I make him stay inside. He hates it so I don't have to do it often, but it works.
    Maryellen

Answer by Maryellen at 2:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Anon 2:43 that is a fantastic idea.. I've been trying to think of something I can do that is portable bc my son likes to show his butt (not literally) when we are out in public... I think I will try that for when he starts screaming and making that "Ah" noise. (it's a 2yr old talk back noise when i tell him to do something and he swats his hand or foot at me and goes "AH real quick... makes me wanna pinch his cheeks real hard)
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 2:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• my parents gave unusual punishments a few times. I remember my dad telling us a hundred times how to treat the furniture and they caught my brother sitting on the end table one day. He had to carry it around with him all evening and learn to be kind to the furniture. Another time he was peeling all the bark off the tree in the yard with a big hammer. They made him water and hug the tree everyday for a month so it could grow its bark back. LOL
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• when we were older my mom would do more literal punishments...like if we slammed our doors...she would take them off the hinges...or my brother snuck out the windows a bunch of nights...she went around and nailed the windows shut....while he was out...that kinda thing...trust me it worked!
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I remember with my Mom's 3rd boyfriend when we (me and my brothers and sisters) lied we'd get a slap on the mouth,when we backchatted we'd be sat on 'the step' and everything else we'd be spanked. With my Mom's 7th or 8th boyfriend if we lied we'd be out to sleep in my little sisters cot(weird huh)
    Aimee789135

Answer by Aimee789135 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2009