What age is a good age to let your teenage daughter talk to boys on the phone?

I have a fresh, just turned 14 year old, and I wanted to know what age other mom's felt it was okay for their daughters to talk to boys. She's my oldest of four, and I'm still kind of learning as I go along.

Dmommy4

Asked by Dmommy4 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I think 14 is a good age to talk on the phone-just monitor her calls
    At that age supervision and parent involvement are very important! It sounds like you are on the ball!
    Goldenbrowny

Answer by Goldenbrowny at 10:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I think at 14 she should be able to talk to boys on the phone. Maybe limit the time so that her homework gets done but otherwise I think it is ok. (Of course mine dd is only 7 so Im not there yet)
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Honestly, I would say that now is a good time as long as she respects the rules you set up for her and she keeps her grades up.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Now, however dating NOT okay til 16. :)
    mama.love.

Answer by mama.love. at 2:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I was talking to them at 12! I think 14 is a good age.
    Anonymous

• I think it's okay. I talked to boys at that age but it wasn't like super secret or anything. I would usually be talking in another room but my mother could still hear. It's just talking.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i would say about 35 ;]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• lol...i was talking to boys at 12 but on the phone at 13 and meet my hubby at 14 and got pg at 16 and had my 1st baby at 16 a month later i turned 17 and now im 18 and have a 4month old..BUT DONT Be ScARED BY THAT LOL

i would say 14 is okay (just talking) and dating at 16 or 17 (but these days kids go behiind there parents back lol watch for that
    Anonymous

• I let my girls at 13 ,just phone,no playdates lol. yeah,but set rules no phone after whatever time you set,that 's the problem I had. good luck and hold on tight,you're just beginning the long bumpy ride.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• For my house it wasn't until they could date them, and that was 16..well that was the rules with the older 3, number 4 in the bunch is 15 and text's with some guys but they have been friends since elementary. DO what feels right, you know your DD better then anyone and you know her level of maturity.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 3:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2009