Ruth Madoff

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,509364,00.html

How do you feel about the feds going after Ruth Madoff's assets? I think that this is the right thing to do since everything she "owns" was purchased with other peoples money! What do you think?

KathMW

Asked by KathMW at 2:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yep both the Madoffs should go down. What a bunch of thieves!!
    Anonymous

• I said it before and will say it again, I think her husband should be waterboarded until he reveals the names of those that helped him. They should do the same with his wife.
    Anonymous

• It is correct to do so.
    Anonymous

• They should find some HONEST accountants (if there are any such) to audit everything the Madoff's have, and she should keep ONLY what she privately owned before their marriage. The rest should be taken to repay the victims.
    Anonymous

• All the Madoffs need to be in jail and hould have to give the money back. I don't know how those people live with themselves.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 3:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• As a related tangent, I understand that the Obama Administration is considering REFUNDING the Capital Gains taxes that Madoff investor's made on what they thought were their profits...since apparently the entire scheme NEVER actually paid anything out?!?! I find that to be wrong on so many levels!

The stock market is a crap shoot. You accept a certain degree of risk when you jump in--you win some, you lose some--it's all part of the game. Madoff managed to fool a lot of people, but those people CHOSE to invest with him because he promised greater profit margins than traditional/conservative investments would have yielded.

I should think "bailing out" millionaire Madoff investors would tick off anyone who has not yet been ticked off with what Obama has done in the past 2 months!?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I remember early on they mentioned that a few weeks before he went down she withdrew $15 million (it was from radio news so not sure of a source). I remember thinking why is she not going to jail. There is no way she didn't know what he was doing. She definetly knew when she started liqudating her assets. I will try to find an article on it later.
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 4:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Give her a couple million for a nursing home, they're expensive as hell.
    Until she goes to the nursing home, let her live on 50k a year.
    She'll believe she's in a 3rd world country.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 5:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• They need to take EVERY ASSET they have. If he was a major drug dealer, they would confiscate his home, car, and EVERYTHING he owed that he bought with his drug money. Madoff is just as bad; he knowingly stole from widows, children, charities, the elderly, etc.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• They should take it all from her and her husband. She knew what he was doing and lived off the money of others. She deserves to live in a trailer park in the crappiest trailer with 10k a year to live on.
    Anonymous