Any suggestions???

It is our 3rd anniversary coming soon and I don't know what to get him. He doesn't wear a watch, not much into material things, more of the outdoorsy type. Hiking and mushroom picking (edible not hallucinagenic!) Traditionally it is supposed to be leather, but I don't know what to get. HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• What about a hiking knife with a special leather belt holder? We just had our 3rd we had planned a romantic night away with dinner and a movie (a local restaurant has dinner while you watch the movie all in the same place) and a nice hotel room with a jacuzzi.
    lakegeorge_mom

Answer by lakegeorge_mom at 2:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Ohh what about one of those knives that is a tool as well. I think they call them Gerbers. You can get him a leather holder so he can put it on his belt. Mine loves his I got it for his birthday. It is pliers and a screw driver and knife. Some even have more attachments.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I think you should both go on a hallucinogenic mushroom hunt by day and have a romantic, spaced out loving by night. It could be like a religious experience for you.
    Anonymous

• lol anon!

i've had belts made, spur straps, Bible covers, day planners, etc made out of leather by a friend and given them as gifts to DH.

I like the idea of the Scheffield's knife deal... that in a handmade leather case? I don't think you could go wrong.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Don't care for the religious. Hahaha. No our field is not full of the little spirits at this time. Not the right weather right now. lol. He already has 3 gerber/leathermans from his work. I like the hunting knife idea. Too many kids and no baby sitter for the jacuzzi idea. THANK YOU ALL!!!
    Anonymous

• A GPS thing for hiking maybe? A new fangled backpack?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i am thinking call up and get a llbean catalog.they have everything for outside.they are easy to order from and take back everything...
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• GPS would be a great one if you can afford a good one. Don't buy the cheapies! I liked the knife idea, what about new hiking boots or backpack?

Does he hunt ?(other than mushrooms) Camp? Fish?
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2009