Would you rather....

work nights and weekends and stay at home with your child during the day OR work days, have your child in day care and have your nights and weekends to spend with your child? Why?

mrspriss0506

Asked by mrspriss0506 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• Do you mean evenings or nights? If you work nights you will need to sleep during the day..I guess it would depend on if my spouse was watching my child the other part of the time. I know people who work opposite shifts so they don't have childcare, but then its hard to have anytime together
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• evenings, part of the night, not all night though...and yeah he would be
    mrspriss0506

Answer by mrspriss0506 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Work days and have nights and weekends with my child, that way I can be at his sports and school activities. I worked days since he was 8 months old and he is now 12. He was at a daycare that I worked at and then I quit and he stayed because I trusted the staff to care for him. I would not work nights because I would have to sleep during the day and that would defeat the purpose.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• might as well work days. My dd is almost 2, but eventually will go to school and be occupied full time. Might as well be in the same habit now.
    Anonymous

• Well im a full time working during the day mama... The oldest is at school and the young one is at daycare.. I think its good for them to have other interaction than with just me... An no i dont think someone else is raising my child.. I like putting them to bed and helping them learn at night.. And the weekend is when our fun begans... i wouldnt want them to think life is fun and games all the time..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I would work whatever shift I needed to, to keep my kids home w/ me or dh. IF it was me or him that had to work nights, I would prefer him b/c he is more of a night person. I don't think I could make it all night.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 4:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Work days and spend time with family at night. My husband works days, so I would rather work when he works so we could spend time together with our son. Plus if you were to work nights, you need some time to sleep and you wouldn't be able to get a ton if you're trying to watch your child during the day, ya know?

I work three days a week, during the day. My son is in daycare two days and my mom watches him one day. I love our daycare so I don't feel guilty having him in there when I'm working.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I'd definitely choose the nights and weekends so my son would be home with daddy while I was gone. I wouldn't put my son in daycare, so working while my husband is working is not in the question.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I would work so that we wouldn't have to put the LOs in daycare. We didn't chose to have babies so someone else would take care of them.
    Anonymous

• Work is work you take what you can get now days...
    Anonymous