Can anyone please help me???

My daughter who is only in preschool screams and crys every morning that she doesn't wanna go to school. At this point it is getting soo bad I just wanna pull my hair out. I have been a teachers aide there quite a few times and cannot figure out why she says that. As soon as we get in the car and pull out of the driveway she is fine as can be!! Any ideas would be much apprieciated=)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• if she is fine as soon as you get in the car- I'd just ignore it.
    She probably doesn't want to stop what she is in the middle of to make the transition- most kids are like that.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 3:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My daughter does this every morning before school. But I still send her on her marry way! She does fine as soon as she gets to school. It's either because she is tired and wants to go back to sleep, or she just doesn't want to see her friends! It's just the age I think!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• MY daughter Cried n Cried n CRRRRied for about an entire month.
    Everyday before skool we talked about me leaving, and that i would be back.
    She was fine with it every time... UNTIL!!! it was time for me to go :(
    and 1 day it just stopped, and we've been gud ever since
    Gud Lukk
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 3:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Yah u might as well let her get used to the idea of school. She has to go for the next 13 or more years anyways.
    Just don't let her know it bothers you! Pull up to school, take her in, hang up her stuff, say goodbye, and leave. If the preschool teacher is as wonderful as mine, she knows what to do and how to handle it. The longer you hang around, or try to calm her down, the worse it will get!

She will be fine!!!
    Annabellmore

Answer by Annabellmore at 4:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• what a friend of mine did was take pictures of her school, bus, or classroom/classmates whatever is best for you, and cut them out and make a schedule on the fridge low so she can see it. then put a star on the day that is today before she wakes up. then ask her if its a school day. when she checkes the schedule she will see the picture of school on the "today" star. make sure she finds it and that its not you telling her, its her discovering it. if its a picture in front of her it seems more like a fact and less like its you making her go. " look its school today, it says so right here!" on non school days make it black, no pictures of anything more fun that school. it might help.
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 6:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2009