When should my 15 year old friend tell her parents she is pregnant?

My best friend is only a couple weeks pregnant and just found out. I am the only one who knows. She lives with her mom and step dad. Her 16th birthday is in a few months and she plans on moving in with her dad then. He is much more accepting and understanding. Who should she tell and when?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i didnt tell my mom i was pregnant with my 1st tell i was 8 weeks and my mom was really upset that i didnt tell her sooner she didnt really care i mean she was mad but happy and worried about the fact that i still hadnt went to the doc...she needs to tell her parents NOW!
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 3:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't tell anyone. Wait till she starts showing and then she can share this wonderful news!! Ugh
    Anonymous

• well she needs too let someone know very soon so she can get the medical care that she will need for her and her baby being young she is at a higher risk for something too go wrong if not seen so have her talk too her dad or her mom which ever she feels more safe talking too
    Anonymous

• As soon as she found out.. the earlier she tells them, the sooner she can get prenatal care for that baby. I found out I was pregnant at 17, I stepped up to the plate and told my parents that day. Yes, it was VERY difficult, but I had to do it. Good Luck to your friend! She had sex, she's pregnant, now she has to deal with the consequences. As hard as it maybe, having a child is much more difficult!

ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• She should tell now.
    Anonymous

• I would have her talk with the school counselor. They would be able to help her sort out any feelings or concerns she might have about telling her parents. She does need to tell them as soon as possible even if that means her mom coming to the school while the counselor is present as she tells her. I would think that any mom would probably be upset at first of their teenage daughter being pregnant but that doesn't mean that the mom won't come to terms with it on her own time.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• This is not your problem..You should tell her as a friend how you feel about it, and then let her do what she wants to do.

Answer by louise2 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• She's just delaying the inevitable by waiting, she should tell now, so she can get good medical care
    Harrisonsmommie

Answer by Harrisonsmommie at 3:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I would tell her to tell her Dad so she gets good medical care and her Mom later. I'd wait until she is farher along so they dont pressure her to do soemthing she doesnt want to do
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• What will their reactions be? Will they be violent? Ppl seem to forget about that. If they will be voilent. She shouldn't tell them until she has a place to get away from them. Are they going to try to make her get an abortion? If so wait until it is too late, if she want s the baby.
    If she is just concerend w/ their disappointment. Get it over w/ asap. If her dad is more understanding, tell him first. But they need to told and tehy will find out. She can't hide it forever.
    Anonymous