Child sniffing arm pits.

This is really weird. I breastfeed my daughter(3) and she has this fascination of smelling my armpits now.

She will bury her face and go, "Smells good mommy!"

It's weirding me out a little. =[

lizzeh

Asked by lizzeh at 3:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• She is trying to get a reaction from you! Sounds like it's working! :) They all do silly things like this, my son for a while thought my FEET smelled good! EW! She will get over it! As much as you are worrying you probably won't end up with a SNL character, as much as a very silly little girl!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 3:19 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• It probably does smell good to her. Your smell makes her feel safe and happy and loved. Women have pheremones that are produced along the breast and toward the armpit whose purpose is to soothe babies.

I say enjoy it while it lasts. :)
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• HA! That is the cutest thing!! Kids do weird stuff.....it's your reaction that's even weirder though!! Maybe it's time to stop breastfeeding a 3 year old.......
    Anonymous

• I was joking about it weirding me out. I am just really ticklish under my arm.

lizzeh

Answer by lizzeh at 4:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Why are you still breast feeding a three year old?!That's what is wierd!
    Anonymous

• Give it up people, nursing a 3 year old is not WEIRD or WRONG!! I love how they posted anon to attack. My 3.5 year old at 18 months, ,but still loves to cuddle and often tells me I smell good, but he doesn't sniff my arm pit when doing it. My 21 month old is still nursing, but hasn't done anything like this.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2009