A Jesus mii... is this okay?

My sons created a "jesus" mii on their wii games. It looks just like the pictures you see of Jesus. Sterotypical Jesus. I'm not sure what to think about it. We are Christians so they know about Jesus and I'm glad they want to include him in their games... They are 11 and 9, so they didn't do it to make fun or in a bad spirit. But I'm not sure its not Blasphemous.. What do you think?

fawn321

Asked by fawn321 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I take it that they did intend it to be Jesus? I would not shame them about it but I would explain that maybe it might be disrespectful to show him being the same as people, if you can explain what that means. Basically, God is so far above the level of people and we should continue to regard him that way in our minds. Like you said, that mii struck out in baseball, so that could be an example of portraying Jesus as one who can fail like a person. This may seem petty to many people, but if you really read the bible, it teaches that we are to hold him in awe in our hearts. Your boys do seem young and it sounds like they sort of get it if they aren't boxing him in the face, but they are not too young to learn and it's more about your duty as a Christian mother than about their actions before they learn any better.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 11:51 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I think its sweet. :)
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I am not sure about this on either. As long as the mii is always used appropriately. Having the Jesus mii blowing things up is probably bad. LOL. that's kind of cute.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 3:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I think it's fine. Sounds like to me they love him like they should and are just including him.
    Anonymous

• You know.Conservatives say that Christian rock bands are blasphemous but if they are getting the point across................
    I don't want to hear them but what is wrong with it?
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 3:19 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• IMO it is NOT blasphemous.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 3:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Sounds cool to me! Lol, its great that Jesus is so muh apart of their lives that they would even think to do that. Kudo's to you!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:24 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I don't think its wrong. I love to play SIMS and that's like playing God.
    Anonymous

• It depends on why it was created. You have to go with your own convictions... Holy Spirit will convict you if its not right. On here you will get christian and non christian point of views and they can be conflicting but Holy Spirit will give you the correct answer in your own heart.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I agree with anon 30.

SIMS rules.

^_^
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 3:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2009