What Would you do

What would you do if your teen daughter came to you and said im pregnant.....

i dont have teens yet just asking becuase im a teen mom but im 18 now

i had a miscarriage at 15. my boy at 16 and a month later turn 17 and had a baby at 18
my kids are 2yr old boy and 4months girl

Mamaof2010

Asked by Mamaof2010 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Are you married? Do your kids all have same father? Do you have a job or collecting our taxpayers dollars to support yourself and them? What's your level of education?
    Anonymous

• wtf is that shit.....im married(well getting there in the coming months) they have all the same father...i dont need no stupid taxpayer dollars....i got one more year left....

Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• what does that have to do with anything? it doesnt maker her less of a mom!
    Anonymous

• really as long as i take care of my kids and there healthy THEN ITS OKAY BUT I DONT NEEd TAXPAYERS DOLLARS SEEING HOW I PAY TAxeS

okay i know this post gonna have a lot of bashing in it but oh well
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• If my teen daughter came to me and said she was pregnant...I would make sure she finishes school, gets a job and plans to marry the SOB that got her pregnant. But, my teen daughter knows better. She's been warned!
    Anonymous

• Honestly I would cry buckets.

I had a friend with a daughter that was born when she was 15. She was a great mom, don't get me wrong. But I always felt so sorry for her because she missed so much in her life. She dropped out of high school, never went to homecoming or prom, never got to go to college and party and play. She was responsible for someone else too early and because of that, she missed out on all of the things that most people take for granted, and cherish for a lifetime.
    Anonymous

• I honestly don't know what I would have done if my daughter had gotten pregnant before she was married. I spent my time teaching her the importance of saving sex for marriage and protecting her from the consequences of letting her make too many decisions too soon. She did not marry until she was 31 and was a virgin at that time. She just last year gave birth to a beautiful little boy when she was 35. She would tell you that it was so worth the wait. She used to tell me that boys wanted to marry a girl like her but they wanted to date girls who would give them sex. Sex is an important part of marriage, but it is by no means the most important part. She learned what the most important parts were and then got the bonus. That was my goal and it turned out to be her goal, as well.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:28 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i also think it all depends on if the parents give them a little bit of freedom
    i didnt get that so i would go behind my parents back....
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I would rant, rave and cry...once that was over I would support them anyway I could, education being the priority. I don't think any parent wants that for thier kid, I know I don't, but once it is done I can't chnge it. I know some great teen mom's but let's face it, they do miss out on some of the things kids thier age should be doing.

My kids know about protection and then some, that however doesn't mean that accidents don't happen. How many children are born to adults that are accidents. It doesn't make the teen stupid or dumb or doomed for life. It only means they made a mistake and know more the ever do they need thier family to stand behind them, not make an already hard situation worse.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 3:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Anon 3:28 I was not a mom in High School (became one at 21) and I never went to homecoming, prom, college to party and play, or anything like that. I graduated high school, came from a family who didn't have the money to send me to college just to goof off so I didn't go until I knew what i wanted, went at 21 for accounting and dropped out bc my child needed me at home more then he needed a wealthy mom (my husband makes enough to support us very well but not mansion level) I have no regrets from not doing those things. My friend actually died the night of prom (the same guy I would've been riding with) bc he was drunk and had I gone I'd prob be dead too bc he ran into a pole after dropping off the last kid and if I had been there I'd have been the next drop off since I lived 3 blocks away from him
    Anonymous