• In the Spotlight:

How long did it take for you to have a normal period?

When you stopped birth conrol how long did it take to have a period that came on time. I had a regular cycle b4 and on the pill, 28 days. But the past three months have been messed up. I am 7 days late this month, i have some nausea, headaches, abdomnial pain, (not cramps) back ache, fatiuge, light headedness, tender and swollen breast, and i can barley walk up and down the stairs now. I asked my mil and she said it just tkes time to get regular but i didnt tell her what i was feeling...plz help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• it took me a month or two. But my periods are still like waaay shorter than they used to be and i havnt taken birth control in about a year. I got the depo shot and i only got 1 shot then stopped
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 3:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I was only on the pill for 4 months and it took me 6 months to GET a period.
    Anonymous

• Generally it takes less than 6 mo to regulate after stopping the pil, it can take a year. With the symptoms you are having you could be prego, have you taken a test recently?
    txgrl4lf

Answer by txgrl4lf at 4:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• no, cause my mil said what she said, but today i sarted gagging real bad, cause some one stunk, and there was left over food on the table and i gaged. I dont i think i am gonna wait a week for that because of what happend last month.
    Anonymous

• The very next month. I was on b/c for 13 years. I stopped in September '08. In October it came perfectly on time. Ever since its within a day so thats pretty damn perfect to me. Its 28 or 29 days.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 9:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I stopped mine in Oct 08' and did not get it until Jan 09' - it was right on time then but have not gotten it since Jan and tests are negative. I would just take a test :) Good Luck!!
    brookelynn2609

Answer by brookelynn2609 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• i stopped taking mine in november 08' and i still have not been regular, it went from 30 days to 35 to 40 so i have no idea, i can tell my health is not what it used to be, but i really want to have a second baby. anyways, i wanted to tell you that i go through this too, i am nausciuos which doesnt happen, swollen hurting breasts, all those signs even collostrum, but the doc says "you just got off of birth control it will take some time" how frustrating. just keep close track of it, i am sure it will help when you need to go to the doc sometime. good luck!
    chance010507

Answer by chance010507 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 17, 2009