how the hell cani take a shower??

im with my daughter all day long, and until my SO gets home from work at night time, i cant take a shower because i have our baby. i would like to get dressed and ready before the day begins andnot at the end... i feel disgusting not taking a shower, im all hot and sweaty...

how can i take a shower in the day time while i have her?? shes only a month old. cani put her in her swing?? orrr lay her down for a nap? and hurry or is that not good to do?
or should i just wait until my SO gets home at night time??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well you put her in her swing or a carseat or carrier in the bathroom and you take a bath not a shower so you can keep your eye on her.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Do everything you need to do while she naps.
    Anonymous

• I used to wait until my son was sleeping in his crib. Also, if you let her be in the swing, bring the swing into the bathroom with you, you can hop out of the shower if you need to.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 3:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i still cant take a bath i have to wait until 6 weeks to take a bath
    Anonymous

• Yes. you can put her in her swing, in her crib, even on the bathroom floor on a blanket (at this age, anyway)... Most likely she won't even notice! But the good thing about the shower is even if she cries for the whole 5 minutes, you won't hear her! (That sounds awful... but you have to shower to feel human!) WHen it really gets complicated is when they start crawling and walking and getting into everything.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Take a shower when she is asleep.
    Anonymous

• if your nervous put her in her carseat and put it onthe bathroom floor but make sure to leave the door open so she doesnt get hot. but really i think she would be fine in her swing if you wanted to do that too.
    MoMmYtObEtO1

Answer by MoMmYtObEtO1 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• either while she is napping or what i used to do is bring the bouncer into the bathroom with me so my son could still see me and shower then. When he got to be 3months old I'd just take him in the shower with me and hold him and to this day he loves showers over baths... (he's 2) Now that he's older I can get his breakfast set up put him in the high chair turn on cartoons and jump in real quick.
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 3:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I used to bring my baby in the bathroom and lay him in his bouncer/vibrater seat outside the bath while I took mine. I could relax in the bath and coo and play with him at the same time. Then when I got done washing my hair I would bring the baby in the bath and bathe him. OR do that first and then wrap him in a towel and lay him in the seat while I took mine ( he usually fell asleep this way) When they are babies it is easy. Now, go bathe you stinky. lol
    Anonymous

• I have a HUGE bathroom, where I can fit a swing in, with plenty of room..it's as big as a bedroom. So when I want to take a shower, I put my son in the swing and can see him (since my shower is glass walls.) Sometimes he cries, but if his needs are met (fed, changed, comfortable) - I just let him cry until I am done.

If I didn't have such a huge bathroom, I would still bring a bouncer in the bathroom with me and put him in it.

You can always try her first nap time to take a shower too. I think you should remember that it really is okay for her to cry for a little bit..... I only take 10 to 15 minutes in the shower though...if you take longer than that - you may need to cut out shaving or whatever you're doing that's taking you so long! :) haha

Whatever you do - TAKE YOUR SHOWER!! You will feel better and smell better to your baby!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2009