Sick and not sure about E.R. visit

I've been sick going on for three weeks. The first week I was throwing up constantly and diaherra. The second week was the week of coughing, sneezing and barely able to breather. This week I'm starting to throw up again, so exhausted that I can barely stay awake a couple hours at a time. I don't have health insurance and really don't have the money upfront to pay a doctor, so, I was thinking the e.r. might be best because they can bill me and I can set up payment arrangements. But I'm not sure what is wrong, any ideas what could be wrong? I'm not pregnant, so that's out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Health

• You can set up payment arrangments with your doctors office too....it would be WAY cheaper than an ER visit
    Anonymous

• There may be a free or low cost health care center in your area.

Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I would say you need to see a dr and you could prob get an office visit for $65 where and ER visit will be hundreds. Maybe see if the health department has a dr's office with a sliding scale fee. I would think the payments on the ER visit will be alot more than an office visit. Call around and see if you can get into a dr's office, but I think you should be seen. Have you had a fever?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I know this,,something is wrong with you...Being sick for 3 whole weeks is sick...Go to the E.R.
    Anonymous

• I had a fever the first couple days but I was able to break it and now it's just this annoying thing that won't go away.
    Anonymous

• Contact your social services office, they may have a clinic you could visit or know of some. Otherwise, ask about a payment plan with a doctor, or go to the ER. You need to be seen.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2009