• In the Spotlight:

Comet?

When you were pregnant did you crave the smell of cleaners like comet? I crave it so bad but I don't want to smell it and the chemicals harm the baby. Is this strange or should I talk to my doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no i have heard of women doing that with laundry detergent - I love the smell of carpet cleaner - the powder stuff you put down before you vacuum. lol
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• u need to talk to your doctor, thats notnormal
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• U don't wanna eat it right? If you just said hmmm...I would call dr. You might have beginnings of PICA. Good luck
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 3:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i don't want to eat it just smell it. its all kinds of cleaners liquid and powder and the smell of saw dust. i'm 38 weeks pregnant so its not going to be a problem much longer but im concerned.
    Anonymous

• ohhh...in that case, I would guess your just nesting!
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 3:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I'm 39 weeks and I could hang out in the laundry detergent aisle for hours if I didn't think people would start looking at me funny. lol! I'm with you though. I am obsessed with a clean smell. I was this way during my third trimester with all three of my pregnancies. My ritualistic habit has become to throw a washcloth into every load (even if it's already clean) and I take it out of the wash and throw the rest of the clothes into the dryer. Then I'll just sit and smell the washcloth for about 10 min. or so and I'm good for a while. It's very strange but I guess I'm just glad I'm just smelling weird things and not trying to eat them. LOL! (Wow! This is the first time I have admitted this to anyone)
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 4:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• my friends mom said she loved the smell of pine sol. i dont know if thats a bad thing or not lol
    LittleMonster22

Answer by LittleMonster22 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i crave the smell of comet and i am not even pregnant...LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Mar. 17, 2009