What can I do if I keep getting Strep Throat?

At least 3 times EVERY winter I get Strep Throat. I go to the ER and all they do is give me shots of Penicillin. What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Health

• Yea, a doctor has to recommend it first, but if you keep getting it there's some kind of antigen in your tonsils that keep the strep to keep coming back and that's why you need them taking out.
    Babyduche

Answer by Babyduche at 3:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• get your tonsils taken out
    Babyduche

Answer by Babyduche at 3:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Try and get them to take your tonsils out...
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• You can ask your doctor about getting your tonsils out.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 3:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I think a doctor has to recommend it first though..
    SandraB383

• Try to emprove your immune system.
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 3:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Get a new tooth brush after getting better. Keep your mouth and tongue clean..and do not share drinks or utencils with others...stay healthy by eating right and getting plenty of rest.

I shop from a wellness company that has personal care products. In the toothpaste and mouthwash they use a pharmacutical grade of tea tree oil. This tea tree oil kills all kinds of germs including strep. We also have cough drops with it and immune boosting supplements and vitamins....when my kids were too little to take these and we all had strep..I have been able to prevent or get rid of my own strep with their amazing products. Pretty great stuff.

Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:06 AM on Mar. 17, 2009