What do you feed your toddler for breakfast, lunch,dinner, and snack?

DH and I eat like crap but I want to feed my son better than that so I am just looking for ideas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• breakfast- cereal, bacon, sausage, eggs (not all in one day lol)
    snack- chips, yogurt melts, fruit
    lunch- pizza, grilled cheese w/ tomato soup
    dinner- whatever we eat so we had to get a little healthier too :D
    tonight we are having bbq pork sandwiches, mac n cheese, with a veggie
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• well for breakfast it's either, pop tarts, waffles, omelets, toast, oatmeal, grits. (i got that chop thing from pampered chef that i chop veggies and fruits up really fine and hide it in his food)
    lunch there's chicken nuggets, hot dogs, tostitoes, i also buy the kids cuisine, grilled cheese, pb&j, or just a pb sandwich, noodles (the oodles of noodles). i can't think of anything else at the moment.
    for dinner, i cook whatever i decide to make for dinner, whether it be speghetti, grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, hamburger helper, tacos, ect. he's old enough now where he understands that if he doesn't eat what i put in front of him then he goes to bed with no dinner.
    i mainly give him milk for breakfast and dinner only, but i do give him the nutri pals cuz sometimes he won't eat the dinner and i still want him to be healthy and maintain his weight.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Lets see. Breakfast is usually Cheeios or waffles, almost always whole grain with some sort of fruit and milk. Snack is usually a fruit granola bar or whole wheat crackers. Lunch is generally whole wheat pastas with vegetables and poultry with milk. Dinner, I feed her the Gerber Graduates meals because we eat a lot of steak and things I don't think she can really eat yet. She is only 13 months. If you are really concerned, and can't change your own habits, use the Gerber or the Beechnut meals. I mean, they are decently nutritionally balanced and They will be more pricey, but better than giving her fries and pizza all the time. I think you really ought to try to eat better yourself, however, if you find you can't, at least you are concerned for her health.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• breakfast-waffle w/ syrup/sausage patty w/ a slice of melted cheese over the top 1 egg/cereal/toast each meal w/ a glass of milk

snack-wahtever maybe an apple, maybe some chips, depends what we have in teh house. i serve w/ a glass of juice or koolaide

lunch-pb&j/grilled cheese/chicken & noodles/Chicken Nuggets

dinner-Whatever we eat/mac & cheese w/ a glass of milk
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 4:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Breakfast:: Waffles, poptarts, sausage links, pancakes, cereal, banana (as a side to a smaller breakfast), toaster strudles, bagels w cream chs, sausage bixcuts (u can get them in the freezer section) French toast, or cinnamon rolls (all include choc milk to drink)

Lunch:: PB and Honey sandwich, I take mozz chs and wrap deli meat around it, chicken nuggets, fish sticks, hot dogs (sometimes i melt chs on it for him) that's for the main thing and he always gets 2 cookies, some cheez-its, and a fruit bowl with strawberries, blueberries, and banana. (all include juice to drink)

Dinner:: Whatever we are eating unless it's like tonight with porkchops (we have cooked them everyway possible and he refuses them) so he will end up eating one of those gerber toddler dinners (with tea to drink)

Snack:: String cheese, apple, crackers (with the stuff inside like chs or PB), grapes, quaker fruit bars
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 4:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• breakfast - fruit or applesauce with either a cereal bar or cheerioes or a waffle or toast or sausage patty (always a fruit with one other thing)
    lunch - at least one type of veggie, sometimes two, and chicket nuggets, vienna sausage (not so healthy, but he loves them!), a sandwich (ham or turkey with mustard - no cheese or mayo because he is allergic) again, it is always a veggie with some type of meat
    snack - usually fruit or cheerios or crackers
    dinner - we try to give him what we eat. Again, always a veggie and usually a meat or noodle dish.

In a nutsheel, I try to have either a fruit or veggie at every meal with some type of meat.

He drinks rice milk (allergic to dairy) at every meal. One meal a day he will usually have a juice/water mix and sometimes for a snack he will have water to drink instead of the rice milk.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 4:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Glowing4Caleb, you can get some of those meat sticks similar to Vienna Sausages in the baby section. They are better, with less preservatives. They kind of taste similar to me too. That's right, I eat baby food! LOL
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I actually took the opportunity to start eating better myself....I wasn't about to become a short order cook and how could I expect them to eat their vegetables if I wasn't eating mine? More of a battle than I was willing to fight.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• breakfast -- cheerios and milk w/ banana, frozen waffle (with butter and jam), omelette or bagel w/cream cheese.

lunch -- veggie burger, whole avocado (cut in chunks), falafel hummus and pita, chicken sausage (w/ apple, her favorite), mac n' cheese, turkey hot dog, tuna, fish fillets, she used to love a bowl of beans but has recently given them up.

dinner -- whatever we're eating, plus a jar of veggie puree (she still likes her veggies that way) or something from the above if what we're eating is spicy (she thinks everything is spicy)
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• oh yeah, snacks -- lots of dried fruit (raisins, dried apricots, freeze dried bananas), whole wheat pretzels, whole grain goldfish, string cheese (until the recent "don't like cheese!" proclamation)
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2009