anyone had one?

I had a c section 5 yrs ago and still to this day i cannot figure out why he cut me up and down rather that bikkini cut, has anyone had this done and what was the reason for it?

itainteasy25

Asked by itainteasy25 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Health

• My first son was born via a vertical incision c-section. It was an emergency. He was in great distress and they had lost his heartbeat. 6 mins later he was born. That was 26 yrs ago and they had to take me up 2 floors to surgery to deliver. Generally speaking vertical incisions are done to get the child out quickly due to some problem. The problem could be with the mother or the child.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• His heartbeat was dropping real fast, that ws why they done it, it was emergency but i have seen alot of them that was cut ike that
    itainteasy25

Answer by itainteasy25 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• That was probably his protocol in an emergency situation.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I had a horizontal c-section because it was planned. I've heard that the vertical ones are done in an emergency situation.
    IceCap

Answer by IceCap at 12:40 AM on Mar. 17, 2009