i dont get it???

i took my daughter to the dr today cause she has the flu...she got on the scale i almost had a heart attack.we had seen a nutritionist a few months prior.she told us to get her off of school lunches so i pack her lunch everyday.she comes home from school and has a snack then dinner and that is it.she plays indoor soccer and tennis,.her legs are very skinny and so are her arms but she has atummy.its like the diet worked for a while then she started to gain weight again.i feel like there is nothing more i can do less than starving her to death>>>any suggestions

snowmom974

Asked by snowmom974 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Kids' Health

• How about kids karate?
    Anonymous

• ya that is an idea>>>
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• How old is she? My son is 7, skinny little legs, skinny little arms, almost no butt, but he has a little Buddha belly. He is quite tall and his weight is remarkably low for his size. He is like the 95% for height and the 43% for weight. He eats like a pig, but doesn't gain weight. Some children take a little longer to lose the baby weight. Was it her doctor that recommended you see a nutritionist?
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• it was the school.its like her whole upper torso.its in her back and around to her belly.her sister is very over weight and i am trying so hard for this not to happen.but her other sister is average.i am worried.
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Hmm. Gymnastics or maybe a swimming class? Have you had their thyroids checked? I mean, if you are feeding them healthily, and they are exercising or just being playful kids, they shouldn't be gaining weight to the point they are overweight. I mean, they should be gaining as they grow, but not disproportionately. It may be a medical reason they are having a hard time keeping at a healthy weight.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Just remember it is normal for girls from ages 7-11 to look pudgy. It is hormonal and will go away. I HIGHLY recommend karate or jujitsu. They both work on strength training while getting fit and give a sense of assertiveness that some girls in that age lack.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I always had a pudgy belly as a young girl. I don't understand it!!! Because of the large ness of my belly, I always considered myself fat. I wonder if it is the carbs? I was raised in a large family, so we at ALOT of pasta (because it's so cheap) I remember being SO HUNGRY all the time, but still had a chubby belly. I played sports and was very active as a youth too, so again - I don't understand why!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2009