my son has 4 bottom teeth and 3 top teeth is it ok to give him meat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My boys were eating meat before they had their molars (the only teeth used for chewing)

I looked at it that if my toothless grandmother could eat it...so could the boys. (with the exception of the tougher cuts of meat)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i wouldnt give him steak or pork or anything, but when my son only had his front teeth i have him very fine shredded chicken because thats easy to chew without teeth. Also hamburger would be fine too.
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 4:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My daughter was getting shredded chicken, ground turkey, and some ground beef when she just had the two bottom teeth.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I got my daughter tyson's chicken nuggets and debread them, cut them up for her and let her eat them. She loves them to this day. I still don't feed her a lot of meat because not all the meats are that nutritious for us, so, yea she eats chicken and cod.
    Anonymous

• I give my boy everything.. and he has the same amount as yours.. just test him first and see if he can take it..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My son is toothless and I still give him small bits of ground beef or chicken.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:31 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Have you ever been gummed by a toddler? Their gums are like rocks! My dd was "biting" animal cookies and crackers, etc., at just a year and she had *no teeth*. She's been eating meats and pastas, veggies, fruits, even peices of hard apple (I wasn't too sure about it, but the day care said she did fine) both with and without teeth. (she's almost two and has 10 teeth now)
    Anonymous

• It depends on the age, because my daughter had that many teeth at 9 months and wasn't ready to chew chunks of meat. Once they're good at the process of chewing, though, it doesn't matter how many teeth they have to handle at least the softer meats. I'd avoid well done steak though.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2009