What exercise equipment do you own?

Whatever you own, would you actually recommend it? How easy is it to use? Did it come assembled? Where did you buy it and about how much did it cost?

I'm looking to buy some kind of exercise equipment so that I can lose weight. I've been walking all the time, but it rains a lot here, so it's harder to get out and walk.

kasey22

Asked by kasey22 at 4:24 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Hey! I have a chin-up bar and a weight bench and free weights. I'm not sure if that's the type of equipment you're looking for. My weight bench was a gift and the chin-up bar was like $20 or so. The free weights vary by weight. I don't have any treadmills, eliptical or steppers - I just do workout dvds.

Good luck w/ whatever you decide on!
    swrockhead

Answer by swrockhead at 4:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Kettlebells, weight bench and free weights, and a Concept2 rower....
    Anonymous

• I own an AB Lounger and I LOVE it! I ordered it off of the internet. I will tell u that I go to the gym daily and I do not work my abs there because I use my ab lounger @ home, however if there is a class that I am taking and they do abs I do work them at the gym. Anyway, I LOVE it and recommend it to anyone
    determind

Answer by determind at 6:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I have an elliptical machine and I really enjoy it although right now we do not have room for it in the house. When we did I could get on it and watch the littles ones and/or watch telivision so I was a distracted and not concentrated on the exercise it self. I would have to say that it was kind of difficult to put together but doable. I think ew spent about $300 which is kind of in between, if we could go back and redo it I would get one that was heavier because dh has a hard time using it without it seeming kind of tipsy. I think the diplay is great to keep track of what you are doing and being able to change resistances. I also have walking vidoes for in the house, I think Walk Away the Pounds Express which I enjoy when it is not very nice outside although doing the same video over and over can get kind of old. I hope you can figure something out so you have more options. Good luck!! Can't wait to hear how things go.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• cardio and weight training dvds, resistance bands and 5 lb weights.
    Thats it!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Exercise bike, work out videos and free weights.
    jklaus

Answer by jklaus at 1:28 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• We just ordered a Bowflex Revolution and will be getting an eliptical as well, I know they don't come assembled, but I do know they are a cinch to use. Can't wait!!!
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 9:03 AM on Mar. 17, 2009

• I have a step and a high step. Both I highly recommend for step aerobics as well as weight training. I have free weights and use the step as a weight bench. I also have a pretty big exercise video library. I recommend Cathe Friedrich or Jari Love (both use the step and free weights and will kick you butt).
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 9:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• thanks for all your answers, ladies.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 4:20 AM on Mar. 18, 2009