I think my dd is teething . . .

She's pretty fussy, her cheeks are red and her nose is running. I felt her gums and her upper gums felt a little harder than normal, but I dont see a tooth. She's drooling a lot too and she doesn't usually drool. Was your baby like this when he/she was teething? BTW, dd is 8 months. Any suggestions as to what I can do to make her more comfortable?

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hi Bridget-
    It's possible she is teething. When they teeth the tooth starts to come up, then stops, starts to come up then stops, etc...until it pops out. Give her some frozen fruit in a mesh feeder to help with the pain.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 4:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Give her cold cloths, frozen teethers, things like that. Try teething tablets. My little one is teething. She is only 4 months tho. Pedi told me it could be MONTHS before we see a tooth! JUST GREAT! :) Teething tablets work well tho. We give her Tylenol at night. To help her sleep better because of the pain, and also to keep hubby and myself from going insane! lol. I would check with Pedi first before giving Tylenol. They might recommend Motrin instead. Massage her little gums for her. You could use the little finger toothbrush! Babies love that! HTH
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 4:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• She is 8 mo. and no teeth yet? Hopefully they'll all come at once and then it'll be over. =) Yes, it sounds like teething to me. Put a couple of teethers or wet wash cloths in the fridge for her to chew on. Frozen apple chunks in a mesh feeder is always a hit. If it is really bad, try a little motrin. Other than that, there isn't much you can do. Keep in mind that they can show teething signs for up to a month before an actual tooth cuts through. However, the red cheeks make me think that she is cutting a tooth right now - you could have one by tomorrow. Once the tooth cuts through the gums...they usually feel better. Good Luck.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Sounds like it could definitely be teething. My son got his first 2 teeth at 5 1/2 months and he was extra cranky, had a hard time falling asleep, drooled a TON, and occasionally had a runny nose. I alternated between baby tylenol and motrin, and used orajel too. I tried everything else... the teething tablets (my son was allergic), frozen washcloths, teething rings, etc, and nothing else worked for us. You just have to be patient, it will pass. By the way, it does usually get easier once they get their first few teeth... my son is 11 months and has 7 going on 8 teeth and when one breaks through now he's not nearly as fussy as the first 4 teeth.
    parkersmama08

Answer by parkersmama08 at 4:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2009