i have a lump by my breast....

Yes im getting it checked out in a couple of weeks. but it feels like its getting bigger... not real big, idk... im 21 years old and i know that cancer doesn't have an age, but i was just wondering if it was cancer does the lump grow?

-Oh and i had my daughter last february... not sure if that has anything to do with it either...

Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Health

• i am not really sure but i think cancerous tumors are hard and dont move,my daughter was your age and had a lump it was the size of a walnut.she starting to think about getting married and kids and such.i must say we had to go to several drs before one would take it seriosly.well she had it removed it was benign.it was cystic.i dont think its cancerous but go to your dr just to get the alls well you will feel better.
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• The lump does grow when its cancerous or benign. Where by the breast is it? Because you have lymph nodes in under your armpit and when I'm getting sick my lymph node will grow so big.
    Babyduche

Answer by Babyduche at 4:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Does it hurt?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My two cents, for what their worth! It could be a few things. First and foremost, talk to your doctor and have it checked. Second, I've heard that you can move cysts a little when you place your fingers on each side and alternate pressure. If it doesn't move, I've heard that it could be a tumor. My friend has a benign cyst that fills and empties (weird, but true). The other thing I've heard is that it could be a blocked milk duct from when you produced milk. (This happened to my aunt after her baby). Her doctor helped by suggesting messaging the area when in a hot shower. Good luck with everything. I hope things work out.
    IceCap

Answer by IceCap at 12:29 AM on Mar. 17, 2009