frenchtip nails.. help.

i had my nails done weeks ago for the first time for my anniversary, now they need to be filled in and all that and i want them off. lol i keep hurting myself jamming them on everything im done. now my middle finger is swollen and hurts from jamming it yet again 15 mins ago anyone know what i can use to get them off, they were supose to last a week and fall off and it hasent happend..

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Acetone, its with the regular nail polish remover section in most stores... make sure you DONT get the acetone free, that will remove any color, but not the nails. Or you could go back to where you had them done at... mostly places will take nails off for 5 to 10 dollars.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• What are they made of? Solar Nail, Acrylic or what?
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 4:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• i beleave acrylic, they look like the same thing i have seen at walmart lol i thought geeze i couldve done that but if i did it 2 always come out crooked. they used a glue and an electric thing to beat up my nails
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Sounds like that wasnt such a great salon you went to. I say try soaking them in ACETONE for a while and they will weaken and fall off. Next time try gel nails with the natural ingredients. They cost more but are less damaging.
    RobsMommi

Answer by RobsMommi at 9:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• If you don't want to go to the store and already have the ORIGINAL blue Dawn dish detergent, you are good to go. Yep, when I got my nails done for my wedding they told me not to use the original blue Dawn dish soap, as it would do the same thing as ACETONE nail polish remover. I thought it was kind of funny.

You could also go to an amusement park with your husband and crack your fake nails off while screaming for your life on a ride you didn't want to be on in the first place but you went because he looked at you and smiled and that dimple popped into his cheek and you melted like an ice cream cone in the middle of the Mojave Desert... yeah, I am that easy with him. Even after 11 years.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 3:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2009