5-6 Dirty Diapers a day

For the last 3 days my daughter has been giving us a bunch of dirty diapers, she's 16 months old. I am in the process of calling her doctor about it but I was wondering what kinds of food do you guys recommend to feed her? She's drinking and giving wet diapers so she's not dehydrated and I'm not so worried about that but I'm worried about vitamins and minerals.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Do you mean 5-6 poopy diapers?
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 4:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Is it loose stools? If so, bananas, rice, potatoes, toast and the likes are good foods to bind you back up.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 4:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Yea, dirty-poopy and wet diaper=pee diaper. Yea, it's very loose and all she eats is toast and bananas anymore... that's what my mom recommended too thank you
    Anonymous

• Be aware that for some people, bananas have the opposite effect. Drop them from her diet and see if that helps.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• If it's diarrhea then you should avoid dairy and citrus as those items can make the diarrhea worse.
    A good diet for when your little one has diarrhea is the BRAT diet--bananas, rice, applesauce and toast.
    Good luck!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• diahrrea or just poopy? My doc said not to worry unless it was diahrrea (liquid poop. Any consistancy to it make it just poop). In general, fruit juices and fruit in large amounts tend to give my dd watery stools and more poops.
    Anonymous

• it's diarrhea because it's a virus that her father and i both had this pass couple of weeks. the doctor told me not to switch any of her diet when we talked because it's not effecting her poop because the diapers didn't increase. thank you guys for all the advise because you know how long it can take the doctors to call you back!
    Anonymous