Baby Teething!

my daughter is cutting teeth right now and she is very whiney!
what can i give to her?!
no i don't have any orajel here..is it okay to give her tylenol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, as long as it is the correct dosage for her age. You could also try freezing a wet baby wash cloth and letting her chew on it. We do this for my little boy and he loves it! Just make sure it's a clean wash cloth.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• If you have motrin, give that instead (as long as she is over 6 mo.) - it is an anti inflammatory and will help more than tylenol will. Orajel doesn't help...don't bother. Some people swear by teething tablets so I'd try those first.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Infant Tylenol or Motrin are both fine.
    My son is cutting 4 teeth right now and during the day I give him Hyland's teething tablets. At night, when the pain is often more severe, I give him Motrin or Tylenol.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I used to give my daughter's Tempra drops (I think this is the same as Tylenol) but a girlfriend of mine swears by motrin.
    IceCap

Answer by IceCap at 12:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2009