activites for a 61/2 month old.

What do you do with your 6 month old. We sing listen to music, go to the park, go shopping, read books, play in exersaucer...I feel like Im not doing enough for her...any suggestions?

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 5:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The only thing I know to tell you is my boys both loved t when I got down there with them and played. It sounds like your doing pretty good so I wouldn't stress it. When she gets a little older you will find a million things to do.

TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 5:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• It sounds like you're doing great!! Does she get enough tummy time? Also, be sure to let her play when you're nearby and she's safe, but you're not totally entertaining her so that she can start learning how to entertain herself. Don't feel pressure to structure every minute of her day or to start getting her ready for college already :) You sound like you're doing a great job!
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I do give her time in her playpen with her toys and books...becuase she is just recently sittling up good on her own. She doens't like tummy time. I know I still need to give it to her. but as soon as she flips over on her tummy she yells at me.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Yep, it's all good... alone time, time on the floor with you, time out observing the world (be sure to talk with her when you're out shopping, etc), time with toys... I know, it seems like it would be boring for them. Very soon when she starts crawling and things they start to make it more clear what interests them! You're doing fine! No flash cards or DVDs yet!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2009